As hard drive capacities increase, the power required to run those drives increases as well. WD Caviar Green drives make it possible for energy-conscious customers to build systems with higher capacities and the right balance of system performance, ensured reliability, and energy conservation.
- Reduced power consumption – WD has reduced power consumption by up to 40 percent compared to standard desktop drives with the combination of WD’s IntelliSeek, NoTouch, and IntelliPower technologies.
- Helps enable eco-friendly PCs – WD Caviar Green drives yield an average drive power savings of 4-5 watts over standard desktop drives making it possible for our energy-conscious customers to build systems with higher capacities and the right balance of system performance, ensured reliability, and energy conservation.
- Cool and quiet – WD GreenPower Technology yields lower operating temperatures for increased reliability and low acoustics for ultra-quiet PCs and external drives.
- Massive capacity – Capacities up to 2 TB offer the most available capacity for storage-intensive programs and space-hungry operating systems, like Windows Vista®, with plenty of room left over for photos, music, and video.
- Perfect for external drives – External drive manufacturers can eliminate the need for a fan in a high-capacity product with a WD Caviar Green drive, the coolest and quietest in its class.
- IntelliPower – A fine-tuned balance of spin speed, transfer rate and caching algorithms designed to deliver both significant power savings and solid performance.
- IntelliSeek – Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise, and vibration.View demo
- NoTouch ramp load technology – The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) – Employs PMR technology to achieve even greater areal density.
- StableTrac – The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations. (2 TB models only) View demo
- Low power spin-up – WD Caviar Green drives consume less current during startup allowing lower peak loads.
- Advanced power technology – Electronic components deliver best-in-class low power consumption for reduced power requirements and increased reliability.
Environmentally friendly PCs and external storage requiring lower power consumption and cool, quiet operation.
- Buffer To Host (Serial ATA): 6 Gb/s (Max)
- Formatted Capacity: 1,500,301 MB
- Capacity: 1.5 TB
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s
- User Sectors Per Drive: 2,930,277,168
- Height: 1.028 Inches
- Length: 5.787 Inches
- Width: 4.00 Inches
- Weight: 1.61 Pounds
- Height: 26.1 mm
- Length: 147 mm
- Width: 101.6 mm
- Weight: 0.73 kg
- Operating Shock (Read): 65G, 2 ms
- Non-operating Shock: 250G, 2 ms
- Idle Mode: 24 dBA (average)
- Seek Mode 0: 29 dBA (average)
- Seek Mode 3: 25 dBA (average)
- Operating: 32° F to 140° F
- Non-operating: -40° F to 158° F
- Operating: -0° C to 60° C
- Non-operating: -40° C to 70° C
- Read/Write: 296 mA
- Idle: 243 mA
- Standby: 3 mA
- Sleep: 3 mA
- Read/Write: 503 mA
- Idle: 172 mA
- Standby: 160 mA
- Sleep: 160 mA
- Read/Write: 5.40 Watts
- Idle: 5.40 Watts
- Standby: 0.40 Watts
- Sleep: 0.40 Watts
- 2 year company provided