Performance and reliability for everyday computing
With SATA and PATA interfaces and cache sizes up to 32 MB, this series of drives offer a full range of performance features. Pick the drive that suits your needs with the confidence in knowing that all WD Caviar Blue drives are built to the highest standards of quality and reliability.
Built to Western Digital’s awarding winning quality standards, these drives are available in a full range of performance features.
PATA – Enhanced integrated drive electronics (EIDE), also called Parallel ATA (PATA), hard drives have been the standard in the computer industry for more than 10 years.
SATA – Serial ATA (SATA) hard drives are quickly becoming the new standard. Motherboard manufacturers now include SATA inputs on their boards. Because of their considerably narrower cables, SATA hard drives provide increased airflow and less clutter and in the computer system compared to PATA drives.
The performance difference – PATA drives support data transfer rates up to 100MB/sec, and all WD Caviar Blue SATA drive support 3 Gb/s transfer rates.
How to choose – Our handy Interface Guide can help you make your selection.
Solid performance – With SATA and PATA interfaces, and cache sizes up to 32 MB, this series of drives offer a full range of performance features.
Ultra cool and quiet – Keeping the drive cool enhances reliability. WD continues to develop new and innovative ways to keep drives cool while they are operating which helps protect the drive and the data stored on it.
Capacity – We offer WD Caviar Blue drives with capacities from 80 GB to 1 TB because you can never have too much storage space.
NoTouch ramp load technology – The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit. IntelliSeek – Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration.
ShockGuard – Instantaneously protects the hard drive against damage from bumps and vibrations while it is running. This technology enables WD Caviar drives to achieve industry-leading shock specifications.
Compatible – We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
Family and business computing
How this WD hard drive protects your data
- Data Lifeguard is an exclusive set of data protection features, including shock protection, an environmental protection system and real-time embedded error detection and repair. WD’s Data Lifeguard technology automatically finds, isolates, and repairs problems that may develop over the life of a hard drive.
- Data Lifeguard Tools are software utilities designed for WD hard drives that work with the embedded Data Lifeguard features to make hard drive installation,diagnostics and repair both simple and worry-free.
- ShockGuard instantaneously protects the hard drive against damage from bumps and vibrations while it is running. This technology enables WD Caviar drives to achieve industry-leading shock specifications.
- Buffer To Host (Serial ATA): 3 Gb/s (Max)
- Formatted Capacity: 250,059 MB
- Capacity: 250 GB
- Interface: SATA 3 Gb/s
- User Sectors Per Drive: 488,397,168
- Height: 1.028 Inches
- Length: 5.787 Inches
- Width: 4.00 Inches
- Weight: 1.33 Pounds
- Height: 25.4 mm
- Length: 147 mm
- Width: 101.6 mm
- Weight: 0.60 kg
- Operating Shock (Read): 65G, 2 ms
- Non-operating Shock: 350G, 2 ms
- Idle Mode: 25 dBA (average)
- Seek Mode 0: 26 dBA (average)
- Seek Mode 3: 26 dBA (average)
- Operating: 32Â° F to 140Â° F
- Non-operating: -40Â° F to 149Â° F
- Operating: -0Â° C to 60Â° C
- Non-operating: -40Â° C to 65Â° C
- Operating: 5-95% RH non-condensing
- Non-operating: 5-95% RH non-condensing
- Operating: -1,000 feet to 10,000 feet
- Non-operating: -1,000 feet to 40,000 feet
- Operating: -305M to 3,050M
- Non-operating: -305M to 12,200M
- Linear: 20-300 Hz, 0.75 G (0 to peak)
- Random: 7-500 Hz (0.00221 gÂ² / Hz)
- Low Frequency: 10-300 Hz, 0.195 inches (double amplitude)
- High Frequency: 300-500 Hz, 5.0G (0 to peak)
- Read/Write: 395 mA
- Idle: 380 mA
- Standby: 6 mA
- Sleep: 6 mA
- Read/Write: 660 mA
- Idle: 532 mA
- Standby: 180 mA
- Sleep: 180 mA
- Read/Write: 7.80 Watts
- Idle: 7.20 Watts
- Standby: 0.97 Watts
- Sleep: 0.97 Watts
- 3 year company provided