The Linksys Wireless-G PCI Card with SpeedBooster installs in most desktop and tower PCs, and lets you put your computer almost anywhere in the building without the cost and hassle of running network cables. Now you don’t have to drill holes in your walls and climb through the attic or cellar to get connected to the network. Once you’re connected, you can keep in touch with your e-mail, access the Internet, use instant messaging to chat with friends, and share files and other resources such as printers and network storage with other computers on the network.
The Wireless-G PCI Card with SpeedBooster incorporates the next generation of Wireless-G. In standard Wireless-G (802.11g) mode, the Card can connect to wireless networks at an incredible 54Mbps. With our new SpeedBooster technology enabled, your “real-world” wireless network performance increases by up to 35%! Unlike other speed-enhancing technologies, SpeedBooster is 802.11 compliant, fully compatible with standard Wireless-G, and a “good neighbor” to other wireless devices and technologies, using a single 2.4GHz channel as specified by the official wireless standard. And, unlike other technologies, with SpeedBooster you’ll see an overall speed improvement even when running a mixed network of SpeedBooster and regular Wireless-G devices.
For added versatility, it can also interoperate with all the 11Mbps Wireless-B (802.11b) products found in homes, businesses, and public wireless hotspots around the country. In any mode, your wireless communications are protected by industrial-strength Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) encryption, so your data stays secure.
So don’t hassle with running cables through your house — get your desktop connected the easy way with the Linksys Wireless-G PCI Card with SpeedBooster
- High-speed Wireless-G for your desktop PC, now with SpeedBooster performance enhancement
- Put your PC wherever you want, with no cabling hassle
- New SpeedBooster technology increases wireless network performance by up to 35%
- Also interoperates with standard Wireless-G and Wireless-B networks
- Model Number: WMP54GS
- Standards: 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
- LEDs Act: Solid when linked, flashes with traffic
- Transmit Power 15dBm
- Sensitivity: -80dBm
- Security Features: WEP and WPA
- Modulation 802.11b: CCK (11 Mbps), DQPSK (2 Mbps),
- DBPSK (1 Mbps);
- 802.11g: OFDM
- WEP key bits: 64Bit and 128Bit
- Network Protocol: TCP/IP, IPX, NetBEUI