Featuring a nine-pin connector design, the new FireWire IEEE 1394b ports will continue to support all the advantages that have made FireWire a predominant high-speed interface—including simultaneous connection of up to 63 devices, real-time digital audio and video transfer, peer-to-peer device connections, Plug-and-Play device installation, and hot swap capability. The new FireWire IEEE 1394b specification is backward-compatible with existing FireWire technology, which makes it an ideal solution for those using current FireWire products as well as for those using devices designed according to the new IEEE 1394b specification.
- Transfers data without errors at rates of up to 400Mbps
- Features Plug-and-Play installation
- Allows simultaneous connection of up to 63 devices
- Maximizes conductivity
- Offers flexibility and durability
- Offers backward-compatibility with existing FireWire® (IEEE 1394a) devices